Friday, October 17, 2014

what I'm really scared of at the moment

I'm super terrified of mirrors, and I'm super terrified of the dark. so I'm super super terrified of mirrors in the dark.

I have to walk past 2 mirrors everyday to charge my phone. I charge it further away from my bed so I don't use it in the dark on my bed, which works very well because I'm freaking scared of walking past the mirrors to get to my phone.

today I was in the auditorium alone in the dark, and that was freaking terrifying as well. I used my phone's flash to look around, but it kept going off and basically ahh.

moving on

if you still don't know, I've been reading "Across the Universe" and "Earth Girl" simultaneously, and they are both sci-fi/dystopian type of books. both concepts are really great (quite high recommendation!), though I think Janet Edwards (author of Earth Girl) is a better writer than Beth Revis (author of Across the Universe). I just finished Earth Flight, the last book in Earth Girl. so yeah, this will really be my last update about these books. promise.

I'm sorry I've been rambling about these books so many times. (ooh but Tandem from the Many-Worlds trilogy is good too, gonna read the second book Tether soon when/if I find it)

to summarise, a lot of books are really good, and those you see everywhere, those really mainstream books? they're mostly overrated, imo. there are lots of other great books out there that deserve the recognition of THG or TFIOS, but just aren't. read a non-mainstream book today! :D (I have lots of recommendations, just scroll down and pick one)

good luck to people taking o levels :)

the new terrapin in the pond is absolutely the cutest thing I've ever seen. REALLY. it's ADORBS.
 











here's a picture of Rosyth's fitness corner, before it was replaced with the kiddy idk what. taken from Google Maps.

we used to play on the monkey bars every recess and do cool stunts with the inclined pull-up thing and play crocodile on the sit-ups thing and hang around on the pull-up thing. then when we got bored, we'd go "exploring", digging for treasure.

we managed to find about $5 in the auditorium :D

byebye now.

lynn.