Monday, December 16, 2013

omg.

THIS. IS. AWESOME. I managed to find all three of the glitch series in three different libraries on three different days.


BEAUTIFUL.

if you haven't guessed already.... this post is dedicated to books 8D

anyway.. the glitch series belongs to the genre... dystopia? (under science fiction)

'Dystopia is a form of literature that explores social and political structures. It is a creation of a nightmare world - unlike its opposite, Utopia, which is an ideal world. Dystopia is often characterized by an authoritarian or totalitarian form of government. It often features different kinds of repressive social control systems, a lack or total absence of individual freedoms and expressions, and a state of constant warfare or violence. Many novels combine both Dystopia and Utopia, often as a metaphor for the different directions humanity can take in its choices, ending up with one of the two possible futures.' definition taken from goodreads.

this book is about a society where everyone is a robot. like, almost literally.

other awesome books like these are... the hunger games (lol which is so mainstream), matched series (which I also have on my phone), restoring harmony is awesome too

glitch has a side of romance too. just how I like it.

I read horribly cliche books ._.

---

FANTASY. ROMANCE.

paranormal romance is awesome too. like the starcrossed series, currently reading on mah phone. that's more of greek gods like percy jackson and heroes of olympus (both of which are awesome).

or... lol there are sooooo many. angels and stuff like the halo series, or hush hush (though I haven't finished reading that one yet).

faries and stuff.. the wings series for example.

there are many many more. lots of them are logged in my goodreads shelves (though not sorted by genre) :P but not all (yeah I actually read a lot of weird books.)

aliens.... I don't really like but I think ultraviolet + quicksilver (which I'm currently reading) are really good not alienish alien books.

DRAGONS I was obsessed with for a long time, the inheritance cycle and the last dragon chronicles and and dragonkeeper and dragon rider.... all these are soooooo good.

I don't usually read vampire/werewolf/zombie books though. I just don't :P

oh and those life-after-death books are extremely good too, like the everafter and the everneath series and the hollow series and the hereafter series. sorry if that conflicts with your religious views

haha and those lame high school romance (or chick lit) books are awesome. I won't list any of them, that would be lame.

or those books about lives of messed up kids where their parents are drug addicts or drunkards or divorced or the kid's an orphan or a rape victim. those books are inspirational shit, I tell you. not even kidding.

and sometimes I go a little off-track and read books like the curious incident of the dog in the night time... which I promise is awesome. or classics :) CLASSICS ARE ACTUALLY GOOD OKAY. I love the swiss robinson family robinson or whatever. and books like tuesdays with morrie are great too.

though, being a library book reader like me, things can get a little frustrating. I find like bits and pieces of series (serieses? seriess?) at a time and it's kind of annoying, really. causes me to borrow more books than I can carry sometimes :/ just because I find 'those books from those series/serieses? that I NEED to read'

there's another thing that bothers me about series books :( the first book is great but the books behind that..... the awesomeness usually drops. A LOT. not all series are like that, but a lot are.

anyway that sums up my post about books :) if anyone actually reads my blog and wants to recommend me a book or a few books, don't hesitate to contact me by... idk lol facebook? ask.fm? goodreads? anything :)

(and I would totally really appreciate it if you 'accidentally' stumble upon some free ebook site and 'accidentally' send me the link to that website :D hey hey I'm not askin, just sayin, you know)

PEACE.